The Delaware Pharmacists Society (DPS) was founded in 1886 as a non-profit, professional association for pharmacists in the state of Delaware.
DPS members practice pharmacy in a variety of settings that include community pharmacies, health system pharmacies, long-term care facilities and ambulatory care sites. Pharmacist members of DPS provide many patient care services including patient education and health screening, wellness programs, tobacco cessation counseling, poison prevention education and adult immunizations.
It is the mission of the Delaware Pharmacists Society to promote the health of the public through the practice of pharmacy. The Delaware Pharmacists Society exists to advocate on behalf of its members to ensure pharmacy professionals are engaged and valued as essential to the healthcare team so as to optimize patient outcomes.
In 2001, DPS established the Delaware Pharmacists Education Center (DPEC) a 501(3)c foundation, whose mission is education and scholarship. DPEC, along with DPS, is located in the Harry Levin Center for Pharmacy and History on Main Street in Smyrna, Delaware.